Monday, August 24, 2009

I got my visa!

Well the Spanish Embassy did their best to make me nervous, but after about a month of asking my dad or checking the mail myself everyday, my passport was returned to me with my visa affixed inside. Here I am, in all my unfriendly glory.

Yeah, that picture won't get me checked out at every possible security checkpoint, right? Oh well. And by returning my passport in 9 weeks and 2 days after telling me that the waiting period was 6 to 8 weeks, the Spanish government may have actually been early, by their standards. So when I get to Spain I have to take this visa along with my doctor's letter and my certificate of absence from police records to apply for a foreign resident identity card, but I think I already mentioned that in a previous post. Finally, I also got an electronic dictionary, so that should make communicating and comprehending my surroundings somewhat easier. For the next few weeks I will be cleaning my room, getting my stuff together and packing, and visiting Blacksburg a few times. More later if there are any developments.

1 comment: