Sunday, September 20, 2009

Zero Hour, 4:40 PM

As you may have guessed from the title, my flight leaves Dulles at 4:40 tomorrow afternoon. Or should I say 16:40? I should, I need to get used to military time since all of Europe uses it. Well it's the night before I leave, and I am pretty much all packed up except for my toiletries that I need to use in the morning. Leaving Richmond around 9:30 AM to have time to get some lunch before getting dropped off and sitting around the airport for three hours. And after a nine hour flight I get to sit around the Paris airport for six hours before my connecting flight! Hooray! Better that then having them lose my bags in a short transfer, though. I should finally get to my host family's apartment around 5 or 6 in the evening on Tuesday, local time, and my next update will be from there. I'm sure there will be much to report about the trip itself, and I have a busy few days of getting situated as far as checking in with the University, getting my classes selected, and registering as a foreigner at the police station so I don't get deported. All very necessary tasks. OK America, hasta la vista!

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait to hear how your trip was. It's 9:45 and I have been wondering if you have made it to your host family's apartment and how you are feeling. I sure hope that you don't get yourself deported before your classes even begin!! In other words, have a good time but not TOO good. This is your Aunt Connie, I don't know how to get registered.

    ReplyDelete